Friday, April 18, 2008

Road to Ruin


I think this is in Nara Vista, New Mexico. Just a few miles across the Texas state line in the northeast part of the state, a little reminder that here, we know what isn't good for you and we will constantly remind you.
Naturally, I don't accept this at face value, I'll have to check out their statement and report back. I suspect that there are other, more interesting ways, to proceed along the road to ruin, but I'll get back to you on that, too. I've already tried divorce, spending almost all of an inheritance, hanging out with gamblers and prospectors, the Y2K experience, giving up the Catholic church, and investigating metaphysical issues such as meditation, psychic phenomena, and various healing methods. Somehow I don't feel like I've gotten all the way to ruin, so where's that bottle of Jamison's?

No comments: