Sunday, April 13, 2008

A couple of weird weirdnesses, or maybe it's just me?


Anybody else see the strangeness of this book cover? In case the picture doesn't come through, those are SHEEP on the cover. Yeah, a family of sheep.
The book itself seems very well done. However, they don't say "lamb" in reference to the traditional meal, they just say "shank". Got around that one nicely, huh.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And here's a list that was handed to me by a teacher so I could gather the books for her:
"Books That Reinforce 'I'm in Charge of Celebrations'"
Adelita, A Mexican Cinderella
Angkat, The Cambodian Cinderella
Anklet for a Princess (an Indian Cinderella)
Cendrillon, the Caribbean Cinderella and Cendrillon, the Cajun Cinderella.
I never would have thought that Cinderella in any culture was in charge of celebrations, but as usual, it's likely I'm missing something profound.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Once again, irony rears its ugly head!

LA