
This is just one of my favorite NM pictures. I was going to coordinate the picture with this post about receiving the coveted Librarians Read Challenge award for our branch, but the picture I took of the 4 inch high plastic trophy with my name on the sticker just wasn't worth the effort to upload. It lacked.... style.
I read 12,583 pages in two months. Favorites were:
Hitty Her First Hundred Years... Rachel Field
The Outcasts of 19 Schuyler Place... E.L. Konigsburg
The Game ... Diana Wynne Jones
A Countess Below Stairs ...Eva Ibbotson
The Spider's Voice... Gloria Skurzynski
I heard that a discussion would be forthcoming among the organizers of the reading challenge as to how it could be improved. I'm too low on the totem pole to participate, but that doesn't prevent my having an opinion. As you expected. First: make sure each branch manager is promoting the challenge. This can be done by taking over the introductory emails that go out to staff which promote it, and letting YS staff email the staff with further suggestions as to what to read. If the goal is promoting 100% staff participation, then those who don't wish to participate much could read Sharon Creech's Love That Dog. 80 pages, could be read over a break, and is enjoyable. Done deal. (How about a bag of candy for each branch with 100% participation?) Then, assuming there are staff meetings during the challenge, it's inspiring to allow time for staff to talk about what they are reading and how they like it. Further promotion and encouragement. Third.... about that 4 in. plastic trophy....

3 comments:
I think I read about 8 pages in the last 2 months. Does your blog count as a page? Then make it 9 pages.
I do love the scenery of the southwest. I assume you took that photo?
I wish I had taken it. The prospector took it. There will be more later!
Post a Comment