Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Some things are worth reading again


I know it's not kosher to blog more than once in a day, but this blogger place doesn't allow me to save blogs that are "in progress", which is annoying. So please don't ignore the previous entry if you are interested in analyzing pics taken from a half mile in the air.

So... I was reviewing my old blog, and trying to decide whether to delete it or not, when I found a few quotes from Tom Russell that I like so well, I just had to post them again:

“The American Public has allowed itself to be fucked in the ass for at least twenty years. Country music is dead. Offensive.‘Wal-Mart mentality’ has taken over. The whole country looks the same as you drive through it . . . it’s depressing. It’s beyond depressing . . . three or four corporations telling us where to eat and shit and what to listen to.”

“Most current songwriters have nothing to say, but that doesn't hold them back. They buy a rhyming dictionary and start lying.”

“We're all going to be living in caves, duct-taped to chairs, force-fed Christian rock music. Go back and read George Orwell. The dead walk among us, and their taste in art is all fucked up.”

That said, I'd encourage anyone to take a look at Tom's blog (see link on my list). Not to mention listen to his music.

2 comments:

Hadrian said...

Hey, who said it wasn't kosher to blog more than once in a day? The more the better I say.

Degolar said...

I agree